It's been a while since I've done a Wednesday Round-up, and today is the perfect Wednesday to start again. I'm going to combine it with a CSA report, since I'm not sure when I'll get a chance this week to post again.
First, the CSA haul:
- 1.5 lbs. Swiss chard (thanks, yet again, to members who aren't interested in chard)
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce (one of which is being donated to a co-worker since I'm so. sick. of. lettuce.)
- 1 head garlic
- 1.5 lbs blue potatoes
- basil, sage, mint
- about 3/4 of a quart of blackberries (which I got to pick myself...lessons from the blackberry patch coming soon)
- 1 medium zucchini (abt. 0.5 lbs)
Now for the round-up:
- Thanks to all the visitors that have entered my giveaways. I do plan to come by and see you all if I haven't already. Hopefully I'll get there before your giveaways are over, but if I don't, I'm sorry! Too much to do, too little time.
- If you haven't entered for your chance to win Animal, Vegetable, Miracle yet, there's still time. The giveaway closes at 11:59 PM ET on Friday, August 1st.
- There's also a great giveaway at Write Out Loud for all those writers out there.
- If you're looking for help with your diet, you can enter for a chance to win a personalized nutrition consultation with Feed the Soul, too. If I could win, I'd totally be entering this one!
- Writing really is my life these days. It's been work, work, work for more than a week now. Even my weekends have been packed with projects. I'm not complaining, but it would be nice to be able to read all weekend or just watch movies all Sunday. I could do this now, but I'd totally feel guilty come Monday when deadlines would have been missed and schedules would be all off kilter.
- I'm turning into a dress girl. I've never been much for dresses, but I found two great ones on clearance when I went home to visit my family and have several in my closets that I don't wear as often as I should. For some reason, I've had to resist wearing a dress every day this week. I guess I'm just feeling particularly feminine. That, or the humidity makes me want to wear as loose and airy an outfit as I can find.
- I saw The Dark Night on Thursday with My Love. I thought it was great and would even like to see it again. There was this one particular scene...well, I'll let you see it yourself.
- I got the new Alanis Morissette CD (Flavors of Entanglement) right before I went home for the wedding, and I can't stop playing it. I think I'm going to have to re-purchase Jagged Little Pill now, too. Not sure when or how, but I seem to have misplaced it.
- And last, but not least, Verizon is yet again on my list. My internet connection is slower than molasses in January. Ugh! Just checking my email in the evening is a chore. At least it keeps me from using the internet as a distraction from work. Except that in some cases, it keeps me from getting work done, too. If anyone from Verizon is out there, know that I'm seriously considering leaving you for the competition.