Here's a little something for a Thursday afternoon. Not much, but something...
Thirteen Things I Thought, Did or Said This Week
1. Thought, Did and Said: See my last post.
2. Thought: (In response to a post I read at a girl, a dog, and a second chance) Why do people insist on having personal conversations on their cell phones in the middle of the check-out line at Wal-Mart at levels that allow them to be heard three people back even amidst the din of the after-work crowd?
3. Did: Made an excellent shrimp and vegetable pasta dish for dinner. (Stay tuned for the recipe.)
4. Did: Taken four trips to a grocery store in as many days. All different stores, I might add.
5. Said: (to My Love after a wild rant about SUV-driving, inconsiderate, environment-destroying crazy people) "Yes, I'll still love you if you want to buy a pick-up truck, but only if it's not your main vehicle and you keep your car to drive unless you need to haul something."
6. Said: (to my co-worker after describing the wild rant I'd gone off on and the ensuing conversation between My Love and I) "I think my desire to be a better person is making me too judgmental." His response was: "You don't say."
7. Thought: (while listening to an NPR guest discuss the uninhabitability of the earth over the next century based on current human activity) Will my children's children have a planet to live on?
8. Thought: (in response to #7) Am I ever going to have children?
9. Did: Started a new routine of lunch-time workouts. I've decided I can't get up early in the morning; my body's just not having it. And I make too many excuses in the evening. So, since I'm lucky enough to go to a gym that's just around the corner from my office, lunch-time workouts are perfect. I don't have to get up early, and I can't make any excuses when it's time to go home. Let's see how long I can stick to this one...
10. Did: Watched Casanova. I don't even remember putting this on my Blockbuster queue, but I'm glad I did. It was surprisingly good for a silly romantic comedy. Also a little weird to watch because it stars Heath Ledger and I kept thinking...
11. Thought: It's so sad that Heath Ledger won't ever make another movie.
12. Did: Gave away my old refrigerator on Freecycle.
13. Did: Had major issues with my internet connection at home. Working on it, but in the meantime, my lunch break and early mornings at work are the only internet time I have. Verizon is not on my happy list right now.
What did you say, think or do this week?